Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is from today's Thursday magazine. It was submitted by Shashi Rajendran and is the winning recipe for this week.
Top Review by Samantha P.
I would like to try this fudge recipe because I am very good at making fudge. However, I need to know the American measurements in Tablespoons for butter. Also, sugar is listed but it doesn't say how much. Thank you in advance for your assistance. Samantha
- 1 can condensed milk (I use Nestle brand)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (Go for Hintz Dutch Processed brand)
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 100 g nuts, finely chopped (use almonds, walnuts or cashews)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add cocoa powder to milk in a bowl.
- Stir to dissolve.
- Now take a broad heavy based pan.
- Pour the condensed milk alongwith the rest of the ingredients into the pan.
- On low flame, stir the contents of the pan"constantly" till the mixture becomes homogenous.
- After 20 minutes, you will notice that the mixture has thickened and started leaving the sides of the pan.
- Now, cook it till it becomes thick enough to set.
- Pour it into a greased (with butter) plate.
- Smoothen the top with a flat ladle.
- It should be about 1/2 inch thick.
- Allow to cool.
- Cut into pieces.
- Store this in your freezer if it remains (though it is so yummy that it is not quite likely that it'll remain!) and allow to thaw a bit before serving.