Prep 24 hrs
Cook 20 mins
This is guaranteed to be THE richest, creamiest, fudgiest fudge you have ever tried! The addition of marshmallows makes it so much smoother (use homemade marshmallows for best results).
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups marshmallows (preferably homemade)
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Put butter, milk, sugar, and salt in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 5 minutes, stirring continually; remove from heat.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to mix.
- Beat with a spoon for one minute or until marshmallows and chocolate are melted.
- Pour into a WELL greased 8"x8" pan.
- Cool and cut into squares.
I tried this recipe and it was awesome ! I did change the cooking time of the sugar, evaporated milk, salt, and butter.. I cooked it on a lower temp still allowing it to boil but increased the time to 10 minutes instead of 5 which allowed the temp to get slightly higher which made it easier for the marshmallows, and chocolate chips to melt with ease. Since it is just myself in my house that eats sweets I gave some to my neighbors kids and they LOVE it ! I usually get a knock on my door each afternoon asking for more !!
This is very creamy fudge without the addition of nuts which is what I prefer. I would have liked it to be a little firmer, it was hard to remove from the pan and eat without making a mess even after leaving it in the fridge over night to set up. Made for Fall PAC 2008.