Recipe by Mmmm Tasty
I got this recipe back in 4th grade when everyone had to bring in a recipe to share. No wonder someone brought this one! It's so easy a 4th-grader could make it, and it's rich and delicious. Excellent for gift giving (if you can give it up!).
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, melt the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture is homogeneous and lump-free.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add the vanilla and salt and stir until they, too, are fully incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into an 8" by 8" baking pan lined with waxed paper and smooth the mixture so it is evenly distributed across the pan.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and refrigerate the fudge for two to three hours, or until firm.
- Using a sharp, serrated knife, slice the fudge into 49 pieces, then pull it from the wazed paper.
- Enjoy! (Store the extras in an airtight container.).