Prep 12 mins
Cook 4 hrs 7 mins
Grandmother's Chocolate Fudge makes 5 pds. Delectable Fudge!
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (12 ounce) package Nestle semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (6 ounce) package Nestle semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup real butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 dash salt
- Put chocolate bits and butter, vanilla and salt in large bowl.
- Put sugar and milk into 2 quart saucepan.
- Cook over Med.heat stirring constantly, boil for exactly 7 minutes, pour over ingredients in bowl, stir until butter is melted, add nuts.
- Pour into 10"x13"x2" pan.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours, cut.
I made this fudge for Thanksgiving and only my 10 year old really likes it. For the rest of us it is a bit too sweet and plus I had to keep it refrigerated or it gets very soft.
I wanted to make my great aunt's fudge for my winter wedding favors and the recipe was such a pain. This one was sooo much easier and much creamier! Love it!
I read another readers rating on this fudge and it said that her attempt never set properly. Because of that comment, I remembered to adjust the boil time because I am over 1000 feet above sea level. Mine turned out FANTASTIC! Thanks for the recipe AND the comments.