Recipe by Thymestudio
I made these to take to work and everyone raved about them. They were the first cookies to disappear so they were a big hit.
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts or 1⁄4 cup pecans
- 1⁄4 cup almonds
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon candied citrus peel (orange and lemon)
- 2 ounces butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 ounce candied cherry
- 1⁄2 ounce crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1 (18 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop walnuts, almonds, raisins, orange and lemon peel, cherries, and ginger.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, then add sugar and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a boil and let it boil for 1 minute without stirring (until just turning light golden).
- Remove from heat and mix well with cream and fruit-nut mixture.
- Mix cake mix with two eggs and oil.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Scoop a heaping spoonful of dough onto cookies sheet lined with foil.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 - 12 minutes.