Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made these to take to work and everyone raved about them. They were the first cookies to disappear so they were a big hit.
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts or 1⁄4 cup pecans
- 1⁄4 cup almonds
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon candied citrus peel (orange and lemon)
- 2 ounces butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 ounce candied cherry
- 1⁄2 ounce crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1 (18 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- Finely chop walnuts, almonds, raisins, orange and lemon peel, cherries, and ginger.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, then add sugar and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a boil and let it boil for 1 minute without stirring (until just turning light golden).
- Remove from heat and mix well with cream and fruit-nut mixture.
- Mix cake mix with two eggs and oil.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Scoop a heaping spoonful of dough onto cookies sheet lined with foil.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 - 12 minutes.
Great cookie. I used dried cherries instead of candied cherries and I used walnuts. These will. E a great addition to my holiday cookie tray! Made for ZWT 6.
Easy and very good. I left my nuts whole so a "picky" eater could "pick" them out. lol! I added some tiny chocolate chips to it because of my chocolate loving DS. We really enjoyed these. Thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT6 Zingo by an Unruly Under the Influence.
These are a nice textured chocolate cookie. My butter/sugar mixture seized up when I added the fruits/nuts/cream. I heated it a little longer and added a little extra cream and it loosened up into a nice caramel. I love the amount of nuts and dried fruits and the ginger is a really nice touch.