Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy truffle to make for Christmas, quick to make and impressive looking - and tasting! I have had the recipe for years and made them for the first time last year. I have made them often since - you don't have to wait for Christmas to make them. You can also use milk chocolate without losing any flavour. I like to use dark fruitcake. I have rolled them in cocoa, topped with white icing and some red and green icing to look like berries and leaves - mini plum puddings.
- 250 g fruitcake
- 100 g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 30 g butter
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1 tablespoon rum or 1 tablespoon brandy
- cocoa or nuts or coconut, to coat
- Crumble fruitcake into a bowl.
- Melt chocolate, butter and cream in a double boiler.
- Pour chocolate mixture over crumbled fruitcake, add rum or brandy and mix well.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Roll heaped teaspoons of mixture into balls, roll in cocoa, nuts or coconut.
- Place truffles into confectionery cases.