Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I found this on the Nairns Oatcakes website while looking for Low GL recipes, I like their oat crackers, but after making Oat Crackers I can't say I buy their crackers much anymore, oh well.
- 100 g good quality chocolate (72%+)
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 15 g dried cranberries
- 25 g dried apricots, chopped
- 40 g blanched almonds, roughly chopped
- 40 g pecans, roughly chopped
- 5 wheat-free oat crackers, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon sifted icing sugar (optional) or 2 teaspoons sliced almonds (optional)
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a heavy based pan.
- Add in the milk and heat gently, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate has melted. Remove from the heat and stir until smooth and thoroughly blended.
- Add the cranberries, apricots, almonds, pecans and crackers and stir until lightly coated with chocolate.
- Spoon into small paper mini muffin liners, or alternatively, place dessert spoonfuls onto non stick baking paper. Leave for at least 30 mins, or until the mixture has set.
- Chill in refrigerator then sprinkle with a little icing sugar or flaked almonds before serving.