Recipe by I'mPat
From cookbook titled little ideas diabetes cookbook. I have listed the fruits as per recipe but feel sure you could use any fruits that are in season though it would change the nutritional factors.
Top Review by Lalaloula
These are indeed excellent! So quick to make, so very pretty to look at and above all super yummy! What a great healthy breakfast or snack! Im sure kids would love this, too!
I used banana, mandarin orange and apple for the fruit and a light drizzle of organic milk chocolate. That was so tasty!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper with us, Pat! I cant wait to make this for our next brunch!
Made and reviewed for WTTM February 2012.
- 100 g seedless grapes (green 3 1/2oz)
- 1 banana (thickly sliced just ripe)
- 100 g strawberries (halved 3 1/2oz)
- 1 mango (cut into chunks firm ripe)
- 25 g dark chocolate (chopped 1 oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- Tread the grapes, banana, strawberries and mango onto 4 bamboo skewers and put the skewers on a baking paper lined tray.
- Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over simmering water, do not let the base of the bowl touch the water and stir over low heat until the chocolate has melted or alternatively melt in the microwave.
- Use a fork to drizzle the chocolate over the kebabs.
- Place the tray into the freezer for 10 minutes or until the chocolate has set and then transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to eat.