Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was trying to make a dessert that I had in a restaurant one time, it was a chocolate bag with white chocolate mousse. I failed horribly with a mousse recipe I found on Zaar, so I grabbed some things that were sitting around in my fridge and came up with this instead! This is a fairly easy, but elegant recipe that can be made ahead, though I wouldn't fill the cups until the day you are ready to serve, or the juice from your fruit will collect in the bottom of the cup. You can use whatever fruit you want... I used blueberries, sliced strawberries, raspberries and mandarin oranges. UPDATE: For an ever easier time, try using silicone muffin cups instead of paper. I just bought some on the dollar rack at Target, and they make it much easier! Plus they're reusable!
- Melt chocolate in microwave on the defrost setting, or in double-boiler.
- Melted chocolate needs to be deep enough to fully dip muffin papers into.
- It's easiest to work with the muffin papers if you work with them in a stack of 10 or 15, this gives the outside paper strength so you can handle it.
- Hold the stack of muffin papers at arms length to the cooking spray, and finely mist the outside of the outer paper with spray.
- Dip muffin paper stack into chocolate all the way up to the edge.
- Pull out of chocolate carefully using tongs or tweezers and place carefully on waxed paper.
- Repeat for all 8 chocolate cups.
- Refrigerate chocolate cups for 5 minutes, and repeat dipping, and then refrigerate for 5 more minutes.
- If you can see any of the paper through the chocolate, you need to dip again, but two times is optimal -- you don't want it to be too thick.
- When chocolate is hardened, carefully peel off paper.
- Keep chocolate cups in refrigerator until you are ready to fill them.
- Whip cream cheese till smooth.
- Add Cool Whip, sugar, limoncello and honey to cream cheese and mix until combined and smooth.
- Put whipped topping in a ziplock bag and cut the corner of the bag off.
- Drop a couple pieces of fruit in the bottom of each cup, then squeeze the topping out over the fruit.
- Top with more fruit.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.