Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
This candy is so easy to make and makes a beautiful dessert presentation or a wonderful gift to give at any season.
- 2 cups white chocolate chips or 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped dried fruit
- 1 cup chopped salted cashews
- Melt the chocolate chips in either a double boiler or microwave.
- Add the fruit and nuts to the chocolate, stirring until the mixture is combined well.
- Drop this mixture by rounded teaspoons into 36 paper or foil candy cups.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- The clusters keep, covered and chilled for 1 week.
Our family loves cashews. They don't hang around long enough in our house to become part of any recipe, so I actually had to hide some to make these. Good move! I used half white chocolate and half milk chocolate chips, so we had two-tone clusters. The dried fruit was mostly craisins and apricots, with a raisin thrown in for good measure. I also didn't use salted cashews, we're not crazy on salty chocolate, so I just used plain roasted cashews. My BH, who is a real cashew candy maven, was almost brought to tears when he tasted this. I guess I'm going to have to turn into a cluster factory to keep everyone happy!