Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I have not made this recipe.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 12 ounces evaporated low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In medium saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in milk.
- Cook and stir over moderate heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat; let the mixture cool in refrigerator.
- Add vanilla and yogurt.
- Refrigerate until the mixture is chilled.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler on low heat.
- While the chocolate is still hot, pour it very slowly into the chilled yogurt mixture while stirring very gently.
- Freeze in a ice-cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.
I had a problem with the ice cream machine that I have so it never became more than very soft serve. It also was bitter tasting with the yogurt flavor sticking out the most. Not very sweet tasting. Will try it again useing a better machine. Thank you for posting the recipe and hope that I get it right at least once.