Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I just got my first set of popcicle molds and was thrilled to find this recipe to try it them out on! Most people have all of these ingredients on hand! This is a great summer treat that my kids love! Cook time = chill time.
- I couldn't get this put in the ingredients because it didn't recognize it, but you'll need 10 popcicle molds or plastic cups and 10 popcicle sticks.
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and cocoa.
- Gradually stir in milk until smooth.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickend.
- Cool slightly.
- Pour 1/4 cup into each mold or plastic cup; top with holders and insert popsicle sticks.
- Freeze until set.
- May be frozen for up to 3 months.
SUPER!!! I am not much of a frozen treat person, but even I loved these! Took me back to the days of my childhood. My kiddos love these too, of course. I did make them for the kids, lol. Even hubby who doesn't do homemade pops loved them! Thanks so much for a definite keeper!!
I thought these tasted just like the fudge pops from the freezer section. This is one I will make often. Thanks for posting!
My boyfriend, who does not have a sweet tooth at all... or so he says! - loved these! Really nice flavour and easy to make. I think they taste best after they've been in the freezer for about a week. Shame I managed to burn the milk to the bottom of my saucepan!