Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a simple frozen treat Its very good and easy to make. It came from a friend.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (16 ounce) package chocolate sandwich style cookies, crushed (about 4 cups)
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream (in rectangular block)
- 2⁄3 cup pecan pieces (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated milk (12-oz. can)
- 1 cup hershey semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Stir together butter and crushed cookies in medium bowl.
- Press mixture onto bottom of 13x9x2-inch pan or two 8-inch square pans.
- Cut ice cream into 1-inch slices; place over crust, cutting slices to fit, if necessary.
- Cover; freeze 1 to 2 hours or until firm.
- Uncover pan; spread CHOCOLATE SAUCE over ice cream.
- Sprinkle pecan pieces over top, if desired.
- Cover; freeze until firm.
- Chocolate Sauce: Combine butter, powdered sugar, evaporated milk and chocolate chips in medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils; boil and stir 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat; cool to room temperature (about 1 hour).
- Stir until smooth.
- About 2-1/2 cups sauce.