Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I love brownies with or without frosting. Most of the recipes I have for brownies don't have a recipe for frosting, but Betty's Crunchy Brownie Bars did. I liked the frosting so much, I thought I should post it independent of the brownies as it could be used with nearly any brownie recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 unsweetened chocolate squares (1 1/2 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar, sift if lumpy
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- Melt butter and chocolate in small pan over low heat. When melted, remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients. It will be stiff as you first stir in the powdered sugar, but should end up "pourable".
- Stir with a whisk until smooth and then spread over cooled brownies. Let it set up until firm before cutting brownies.
I was looking for an easy recipe to frost recipe#360087 and chose this one and it worked out great. I did take a short cut by melting the chocolate and butter in the microwave and that worked just fine. I was a little nervous at how hard it was at first to stir in the powdered surgar (I only used 2 cups) but it came out fine. Thanks for posting.