- 3 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 tablespoons milk, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium mixing bowl, combine 2 cups confectioners' sugar and cocoa.
- Add Butter Flavor Crisco and vanilla.
- Blend at low speed of electric mixer.
- Blend in 2 tablespoons half-and-half.
- Beat in remaining sugar.
- Blend in remaining half-and-half until frosting is smooth and of desired consistency.
- Mocha Frosting.
- Follow the recipe above, substituting 1 teaspoon instant coffee dissolved in 1 tablespoon hot water for 1 tablespoon of half-and-half.