Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This makes enough frosting for 1 (9-inch) layer cake or one 9x13 pan.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 lb powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the butter, cocoa powder and cream cheese over low speed and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Increase speed to high and cream ingredients until light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low and slowly add the powdered sugar, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- Beat until mixture is smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Frost cake as usual.
Absolutely the most perfect frosting! Easy to make and so creamy and chocolately delicious! I searched patiently to find what I thought would be the best, and I think I've found it. Thanks!
For some reason this just didn't taste right. I think it was more bitter than sweet. It was VERY runny as well, so it didn't stay on the sides of the cake very well.