- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 lb powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the butter, cocoa powder and cream cheese over low speed and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Increase speed to high and cream ingredients until light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low and slowly add the powdered sugar, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- Beat until mixture is smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Frost cake as usual.