Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was my favorite cookie that my grandmother made. It is very easy to make, and is similar to some of the recipes already posted, but the chocolate is on top instead of mixed in. I hope that you all like it as much as I do!
- 1 cup light Karo syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 5 cups puffed rice cereal
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips or 12 ounces milk chocolate chips
- Combine Karo and sugar in a large sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Add peanut butter.
- Stir in rice krispies.
- Put mixture in greased 9 x 13 pan and cover with chocolate chips.
- Let chocolate melt and spread to frost.
- Cut into rectangles after chocolate starts to set.