Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this one from the local newspaper and we liked it! Stir in a cup of chopped nuts in the batter if you like nuts. I included the ingredients for brownies and frosting in one list.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup shortening
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Beat shortening and sugar til light and creamy.
- Beat in eggs.
- Stir in flour, salt, and 8 T cocoa powder.
- Beat well with mixer for 3 minutes.
- Place in greased 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes -- do not overbake!
- For frosting, combine ingredients and beat until creamy with mixer.
- Spread over hot brownies.
- Cool & cut.
These were very chocolatey, a traditional type of brownie. Frosting made them extra extra tasty.