pickle packin' mama's Note:
I have lost and found this recipe again more times than I can remember, so I want to post it here so I cannot lose it again. Decadent, rich, delicious...all we have to do is tell a group that this is the planned dessert and we have all "Yes" RSVPs for the event. It's got a lot of steps, but is essentially easy to make, and the results are out of this world. Make the cream first, then refrigerat it so you can serve it cold over the warm cake! I got this recipe from a friend years ago, and all she could tell me was that the basics came from some diet TV show. This is not diet, unless you're trying to gain weight, so I have no clue. I've altered it a bit from the original.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup heavy cream, scalded
- 1/3 cup of sweet liqueur, like Drambhuie or 1/3 cup Grand Marnier
- 10 ounces high quality white chocolate, chopped
- 1For the White Chocolate Cream:.
- 2Place the white chocolate pieces into the workbowl of the processor and start spinning, then drizzle in the scalding cream to which the liquor has been added. Process until smooth. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving over the cake.
- 3For the Frisbee:
- 4Prepare a 9" cake pan with nonstick spray, and cut a parchment paper round to fit the bottom of the pan, and strips to line the sides. The spray will hold it on. Really! set oven for 350 degrees Farenheit.
- 5Chop the chocolate and place the pieces in the bottom of the bowl of your food processor.
- 6Boil the water and sugar to make a syrup (look for the bubbles to become large and somewhat durable to tell when the syrup is ready, then pour the boiling liquid over the chocolate, lid up, and process for 15 to 20 seconds.
- 7Stop the processor and add the butter, and process for another 15 or 20 seconds.
- 8Add the eggs, one at a time through the stack while the processor is running.
- 9Pour the batter into the prepared pan, then place it on a bar towel in a roasting pan, and pour boiling water into the roaster until it comes to 1/2 inch up the side of the cake pan. Place into oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- 10Once the time is up, remove the whole thing from the oven remove from roaster and dry the outside of the pan, and flip it over onto a pizza pan or pretty cake plate; you'll hear a soft 'thump' when it releases from the cake pan onto the plate.
- 11I like to serve wedges of this on my black mikasa square 8" plates, because I can write "I LOVE CHOCOLATE" around the rims in the white chocolate cream, and when I serve it people squeal! Make sure you time it so the cake is at least a little warm, and the cream cold for best effect.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Frisbee ( Chocolate Ganache Cake With White Chocolate
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 952.9
- Calories from Fat 638
- Total Fat 70.9 g
- Saturated Fat 43.2 g
- Cholesterol 225.4 mg
- Sodium 102.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 46.4 g
- Protein 12.4 g