Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 min
Chocolate Fried Ice Cream
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs (about 30 wafers, crushed)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup mounds sweetened flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons hershey's cocoa
- 2 eggs
- vegetable oil
Chocolate Nut Sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄3 cup pecan pieces
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup hershey's cocoa
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate Fried Ice Cream-------.
- With scoop, form 6 ice cream balls.
- Place on wax paper-covered tray.
- Cover; freeze several hours or until very firm.
- In bowl, stir together vanilla wafer crumbs, nuts, coconut and cocoa; set aside.
- In small bowl, beat eggs.
- Coat ice cream balls with crumb mixture, pressing crumbs firmly into ice cream.
- Dip balls in beaten egg; coat again with crumb mixture.
- Place on wax paper-covered tray; freeze 2 hours or until very firm.
- Just before serving, heat 2-inches oil in fry pan or deep fryer to 375°F.
- Remove 2 balls at a time from freezer; fry in hot oil 20 to 25 seconds or until browned.
- Drain; serve immediately with chocolate nut sauce.
- Chocolate Nut Sauce-----.
- In small saucepan over low heat, melt butter; add nuts, cooking until lightly browned.
- Remove from heat; stir in sugar, cocoa and salt.
- Blend in light cream.
- Over low heat, cook, stirring constantly, until mixture just begins to boil.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Serve warm.
- About 1 cup sauce.