Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
Recipe from Taste.com which says "Whip up this Aussie Chocolate slice and create new traditions for your family and friends. Prep time does not include chill time. Posted for ZWT - 8 - AUS/NZ.
- 1 (250 g) packet chocolate chip cookies, cut into 2 cm pieces
- 1⁄2 cup roasted peanuts, chopped (unsalted)
- 1⁄2 cup sultana, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 100 g unsalted butter, chopped
- 180 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 (395 g) can sweetened condensed milk
- cocoa powder, for dusting
- 120 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 50 g unsalted butter, chopped
- Grease and line base and sides of a 6cm deep , 19cm square pan with baking paper, allowing paper to extend 2 cm above edges of pan. Combine cookies, peanuts, sultanas, and cocoa in a bowl.
- Place butter, chocolate and condensed milk in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until smooth. Pour over cookie mixture. Stir well to combine. Spoon mixture into prepared pan, pressing with the back of the spoon. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
- Make chocolate ganache. Place chocolate and butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring for 1 -2 minutes or until smooth. Remove from heat. Stand for 5 minutes. Spread ganache over slice. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Lift slice from pan. Dust with cocoa powder. Cut into squares. Serve.