Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Saw this on "Ten Dollars Meals" and posting for safe keeping and will probably be making for Valentines Day morning.
- Special equipment: 9 by 5-inch baking dish.
- In a small pot over low heat, add 1/4 cup cream, milk, sugar, 3 tablespoons butter, vanilla, and salt and bring to a simmer. Put the chocolate into a medium bowl and pour in the cream mixture. Let sit until the chocolate is melted, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs and mix until well combined. Grease the baking dish with the remaining tablespoon of butter, and it line with the bread slices, overlapping slightly. Pour the chocolate mixture over the bread, making sure to cover the tips. Push the bread down with your fingers to coat the bread completely. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 2 hours. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake until the custard sets and the bread turns golden at the edges, about 30 minutes.
- Add the remaining cream to a chilled bowl and whisk until soft peaks form. Serve the French toast on individual plates with a dollop of cream.
Being a chocolate fan, enjoyed the chocolate french toast. My sons have been waiting for me to make this french toast, enjoyed it also. Used chocolate chips. Was easy to make and nice that it's baked in the oven. Thank You. Made for ZWT 8.
This is so easy to do. I used chocolate chips. The french toasts have a really good taste of chocolate. It's almost a dessert. I ate it without whipped cream. Thanks Diner :) Made for Photo tag game