Recipe by Kree
If you ask me, there's nothing better than chocolate for breakfast! This scrumptious recipe comes from Hersheys, although as usual I added my own notes about how to make it low-fat and dairy-free. I would definitely recommend including the optional cinnamon.
- 3 eggs (or 3/4 cup Egg Beaters to make this low-fat)
- 3⁄4 cup milk (or soy milk to make it dairy-free)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons hershey's cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 8 -10 pieces thickly sliced bread
- powdered sugar (optional)
- maple syrup (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs, milk, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, salt and cinnamon, if desired, in large bowl until smooth.
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium-low heat. Grease griddle with margarine, if necessary (or spray with non-stick cooking spray).
- Dip bread in egg mixture. Place on griddle. Cook about 2 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately with powdered sugar or maple syrup, if desired.