Recipe by BachFromTheDead
I love this pie, its super fluffy and quite rich. Not to mention its fairly easy to make. NOTES: this recipe is for 2 pies, so if you only want one, halve the recipe. Also you can make a coffee cream for spare flavor.
- 3 -6 ounces chocolate (depending on the size of the pie)
- 1 cup butter, per 6 ounces
- 1 cup sugar, per 6 ounces
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract (again,depending on size of pie)
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder (more or less to your preference)
- 3 eggs
Optional coffee glaze
- 1⁄4 cup coffee
- 1⁄2 whipped cream
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons water or 2 1⁄2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon coffee
Directions See How It's Made
- Crust: Mix in all the dry ingredients into a bowl, Cut butter into mixture and mix in by hand until the mixture resembles a course meal.
- Pour in water and mix well.
- Roll dough out on a lightly-floured surface until thin.
- Press into a lightly-floured pie tin and brush the crust with the tablespoon of coffee.
- Bake at 400 for about 10 minutes until light brown. Set aside.
- Chocolate Filling: Melt the chocolate and butter until fairly liquified (seperate bowls).
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix in well.
- Pour into pre-baked pie crust.
- Bake for another 5-10 minute until edges are golden brown.
- Sprinkle with a bit of cocoa powder and refrigerate for at least two hours. Serve.
- Top with coffee cream if you choose.