Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
this is the perfect ending to a great meal, courtesy of cooking light. for best results chill the berries and bananas before serving
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Frangelico (hazelnut-flavored liqueur)
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 4 cups angel food cake, 1 inch cubed (about 3 ounces)
- 2 cups sliced bananas
- 2 cups quartered small strawberries
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan; cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until smooth, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the sugar, water, liqueur, and syrup.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until the mixture is smooth, stirring constantly.
- Pour into a fondue pot.
- Keep warm over low flame.
- Serve with cake, banana, and strawberries.
Very yummy. I halved the recipe and used about 1/3 of the powdered sugar - still plenty sweet. Can't wait to serve this for dessert at my next barbecue.
Very good - and leftovers were delicious on ice cream the next day.
Very yummy, I love the frangelico flavor in this!!!