Prep 0 mins
Cook 4 mins
The perfect addition to your next party ! It's pretty, delicious and a great conversation piece. I created this recipe after deciding the one in the booklet would be very sweet.
- 2 (12 ounce) bags chocolate chips
- 3 unsweetened chocolate squares, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua (optional)
- Place the chocolate and oil into a large glass bowl.
- Microwave on med. high for about 2 min's, stir, then continue microwaving and stirring until the chocolate is liquid and smooth,without any unmelted chocolate pieces.
- Stir in the Kahlua if desired.
- Pour the chocolate into the bowl at the base of the unit.
- Let the fountain run for 2 min's then shut it off for about 30 seconds to eliminate air gaps.
- If the chocolate does not flow smoothly, add another 1/8 cup of oil to the chocolate in the base.
- Serve with:.
- Fruit Bouquet Recipe #149494.
I used this recipe minus the kahlua for a school function. It tasted fantastic, was easy and came out perfect. I can't imagine it tasting even better, so looking forward to trying it with the Kahlua with my own family. I refilled the fountain 4 times every 20 minutes for a two-hour dance with 220 8th graders. Can't wait to do it again next year
Just a hint to those thinking of adding Kahlua...Warm the Kahlua before adding. Adding a room temperature or cold Kahlua to warm chocolate will seize the chocolate.
I made this for a teenager's birthday party, so I left out the Kahlua. The consistency is good, and it tastes great too. I'll be using this recipe again for future family gatherings. It's definitely cheaper than buying the kind they sell in the store (it's made specifically for chocolate fountains).