Prep 35 mins
Cook 9 mins
A rich chocolate pudding with soft creamy centre. Very impressive for a dinner party. Don't be tempted to bake longer than specified. Can be made ahead of time and baked just before serving.
- 50 g caster sugar
- 150 g butter
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- Grease 4 small dariole moulds.
- Place the sugar, butter and chocolate into a basin over simmering water and melt the chocolate and butter.
- Remove and mix to combine, cool slightly.
- Add egg yolks and eggs beating well. Fold in the sifted flour, salt and cinnamon.
- Pour into dariole moulds and place in fridge for at least 25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C Place puddings onto baking tray and bake in oven for 8-9 minute
- Remove and allow to rest for a few minutes before turning out onto individual plates.
- Serve with heavy cream.
I loved this recipe as it was so easy to make up and quick to cook and could be prepared ahead of time. I filled 5 1/2 dariole moulds so shortened the cooking time to 6 minutes and then let rest for 2 turned out the 1/2 one and looked really good though short with a wonderful rich dark sauce (I used a 70% cocoa chocolate) but when we upturned the first of the full ones we had a puddled mess put the other 4 back in the oven for 3 minutes and then left for a couple of minutes but still ended up with a puddles mess. So I plan on making this again soon but will divide the mix evenly between 6 moulds and cook for the full 9 minutes. I will then rate it at that point. This when done right would certainly impress and people will think you have absolutely slaved over it. Thank you Coasty, made for Edition 8 - Make My Recipe.