Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
Just in time for that tailgate party. These little cookies are very good, and they look so good too. You can use chocolate chips if you want.
- 6 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups Cocoa Pebbles cereal
- white decorating gel
- Microwave chocolate, corn syrup and butter in large microwaveable bowl on High 2-1/2 minute Stirring after 1-1/2 minutes. Blend in vanilla.
- Add cereal: Mix well. Cool 10 minute Shape into 18 (3 inch long) football shapes with lightly moistened hands. Place on wax paper and cool completely.
- Use decorating gel to add laces. Let stand until laces are firm.
Absolutely adorable! These were a big hit with the kids (&the moms) at the football tailgate last night. I love that they require no baking & are super fast! Just make sure plenty of time for the mixture to cool before trying to shape them....it's much easier the cooler they are. Thanks for a keeper!!
If I remember correctly, Cocoa Pebbles are more Rice Krispie shaped but we don't have them in Canada anymore so I used Nesquik cereal which are little balls. I think because of this that they didn't want to hold together well. I love that this recipe called for semi-sweet chocolate so they weren't too sweet. I did find they were a little plain until I added a handful of walnuts.
Very cute on the tailgate buffet and tasted great too!