Recipe by LifeIsGood
This is a fun fondue recipe from Food and Wine Magazine. The chocolate fondue is laced with bourbon and the pound cake is grilled - both different twists for a fondue! They suggest serving this fondue with fresh apricots, fresh pineapple and the grilled pound cake.
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored and sliced in 1 inch thick chunks
- 1 1⁄2 lbs of pound cake, sliced 1 1/2 inchs thick
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 apricots, pitted and quartered
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 10 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped (2 1/4 Cups)
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped (2 1/4 Cups)
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat up the grill. Grill the pineapple slices over medium heat until charred on both sides, about 8 minutes.
- Brush the pound cake slices with the melted butter and grill over medium heat until toasted, about 4 minutes.
- Cut the pound cake into 1 inch cubes and transfer to a plate. Cut the pineapple into 1 inch cubes and transfer to a separate plate along with the apricots.
- In a pan, bring the cream and bourbon to a simmer. Add both of the chocolates and the salt, then remove the pan from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Whisk until smooth.
- Serve the chocolate with the grilled pound cake and fruit.