Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Enjoy this easy-to-make, elegant chocolate dessert fondue starring South Africa's famous butterscotch-flavored Amarula liqueur that's distilled from the fruit of the amarula or 'elephant tree.
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup amarula liqueur
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 dash vanilla extract
- Pour the whipping cream and Amarula liqueur into a fondue pot; cook and stir over medium-low heat until the mixture boils.
- Continue to stir while adding the chocolate chips.
- Reduce heat to low, and stir until the chocolate melts and blends completely with the cream mixture.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Take care not to overheat the mixture.
- To serve, reduce heat to lowest setting.
Lovely! I have to admit, I wanted to use this as an ice cream topping rather than as fondue (didn't have any good dippers in the house, lol). The Amarula gives this a nice little kick. Thanks for posting! Made for the Emerald City Shakers for ZWT7.
Lainey girl you have a real keeper here. This is not only uber delicious it so easy to make that you don't need to think twice before starting a batch. I had some lovely fresh fruit and we were very happy dippers. You could dip anything in this and it would taste like a million dollars. I'm currently thinking of using the remaining amount as very edible body paint, woohoo! Made for ZWT7 for Team Witchin Kitchen.