Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1 cup premium cocoa powder, sifted (Valrohna or Scharffen Berger)
- 1 1⁄4 cups mineral water
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream, plus
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 5 ounces 62% scharffen berger premium semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 lb cake, cut into bite sized pieces
- fruit, cut into bite sized pieces (such as bananas, apples, strawberries, and plums)
- Sift the cocoa into mixing bowl and set aside.
- Place the water, sugar, and corn syrup into a pot and bring to boil.
- Allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes until sugar solution has reduced by about 30%.
- Pour the cocoa powder into the solution and blend with a whisk until smooth.
- Return the chocolate mixture to the stove and continue cooking over medium heat.
- Add heavy cream, bring to boil and allow to simmer for five minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in chopped chocolate.
- Pour into fondue pot and keep warm.