My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup premium cocoa powder, sifted (Valrohna or Scharffen Berger)
- 1 1/4 cups mineral water
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, plus
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 5 ounces 62% scharffen berger premium semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 lb cake, cut into bite sized pieces
- fruit, cut into bite sized pieces (such as bananas, apples, strawberries, and plums)
- 1Sift the cocoa into mixing bowl and set aside.
- 2Place the water, sugar, and corn syrup into a pot and bring to boil.
- 3Allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes until sugar solution has reduced by about 30%.
- 4Pour the cocoa powder into the solution and blend with a whisk until smooth.
- 5Return the chocolate mixture to the stove and continue cooking over medium heat.
- 6Add heavy cream, bring to boil and allow to simmer for five minutes.
- 7Remove from the heat and stir in chopped chocolate.
- 8Pour into fondue pot and keep warm.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Fondue
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 738.3
- Calories from Fat 354
- Total Fat 39.3 g
- Saturated Fat 24.3 g
- Cholesterol 66.2 mg
- Sodium 31.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 113.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.0 g
- Sugars 80.7 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: