Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Fondues are a great excuse for a party.
- 400 g dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
- fresh fruit, peeled and sliced
- sponge cake
- Gently melt together over a medium heat the chocolate, cream and Grand Marnier.
- (or use double boiler) Transfer to a fondue set and enjoy with the'dippers'.
I you use kirsch or brandy you dont get that sweet orangeey tango of the grand marnier... :)) you can also put peppermint essence or a little rose oil to make it even more special.
Good recipe. I used Ghirardelli chocolate and it turned "fudgy" when it all melted together. Not sure why, I used a chocolate melter. It tasted awesome though. Will remember it! Also, 400g=14.1 ounces in case you don't use the metric system :)
If you haven't had chunks of pineapple dipped in this you have to try it that's our favorite