Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A decadent gorgeous dessert for your lover, family or company!
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Butter 6 - 2/3 cup - ramekins.
- Dust lightly with cocoa.
- Melt the butter and bittersweet chocolate over very low heat in a double boiler.
- Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, egg yolks and sugar until pale.
- Add the melted chocolate preparation and stir well.
- Sift the flour and carefully fold it into the mixture.
- Bake in the lower third of the oven for 9 - 11 minutes.
- The tops of the cakes should be cooked and the centres still liquid.
- Let the cakes rest for a minute before turning them onto plates.
- Dust with icing sugar or cocoa before serving.