Prep 1 hr
Cook 11 mins
From the March 2003 "ABC Delicious" feature on chefs Ben O'Donoghue and Curtis Stone.
- 250 g dark cooking chocolate
- 250 g unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 5 eggs
- 5 egg yolks
- 125 g caster sugar
- 75 g flour
- cocoa, to dust
- whipped cream or ice cream, to serve
- Grease 8 friand moulds[or ramekins].
- Place the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Stir occasionally until melted.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat the eggs, egg yolks and sugar together until pale.
- Pour the egg mixture over the chocolate mixture and whisk to combine.
- Sift in the flour and whisk until smooth.
- Spoon into the moulds then refrigerate until completely chilled.
- Preheat oven to 200 deg Celcius.
- Bake fondant for 11 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and invert onto serving plates.
- Dust with cocoa and serve immediately with whipped cream or icecream.
This is a very chocolatey treat that is impressive when cooked perfectly....the middle is just a gooey chocolate mass that seeps out when the outer crust is broken open.... It can be simple ..with just a scoop of icecream to serve...or elegant with icecream, fresh raspberries and a dusting of cocoa (raspberries always work well with chocolate...they offer a 'tartness' that compliments it well...) Its not too hard to make either...but beware not to over cook it...it will become tough and 'cakey' and not very nice at all. Your friends will think you are very clever if you serve this at a dinner party! Chocolate wins the hearts of everyone! -Jacobella