Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This light fluffy cake can be baked in a 20-23cm square cake tin depending on egg size. Cut with an electric knife I can get 20 pieces of cake. It is a favourite with my workmates.
- Separate egg yolks.
- Beat whites until fluffy, add sugar and beat well.
- Beat in yolks followed by golden syrup.
- Sift dry ingredients and fold into mixture.
- Place mixture in lined tin (20-23cm).
- Bake approximately 20 minutes(may take a bit longer) in moderate oven.
- Ice cake with chocolate icing and put a chopped up peppermint crisp (topping of choice) on top.
- Fill with whipped cream.