Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful light, airy, and easy to make chocolate icing.
Make and share this Chocolate Fluff Icing recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- In a bowl, cream butter; add 3/4 cup sugar, blend well. Add in vanilla, chocolate and salt.
- Beat egg whites in a clean bowl until stiff but not dry. Add remaining 3/4 cup icing sugar (a small amount at a time), beating after each addition, until well blended. Beat until mixture forms stiff peaks.
- Gently fold egg white mixture into chocolate mixture.
- Makes enough icing for one 13' x 9" cake.
Very rich and very yummy. This recipe does not make very much, though. If there are more than 2 layers to a cake, the recipe should be doubled.
Made this to top a bundt cake and it made more than enough. Although I didn't get stiff peaks after adding the sugar, it still came out frosting like and tasted heavenly! I don't like heavy buttercream frostings and this was great! I put this into my book#234006. Thanks so much, Carol!
I made one of my adopted recipes (Walnut Brownie Cheescake #3189)but I found it to be a bit dry so I used this recipe as garnish. I used pasturized egg whites for the egg whites and everything else I followed as directed. Thanks for posting. I plan to add this recipe into the description for others to try as well :)