This is a chocolate fantasy come true! If you want a rich dessert for a dinner party, this is the one for you. It's rich and chocolately and soooooo good. From Better Homes and Gardens Chocolate Ultimate Desserts cookbook. Slice thinly, a little goes a long way...
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large saucepan, combine chocolate, butter, sugar and cream. Cook and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- In large bowl lightly beat eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in half of chocolate mixture at a time.
- Pour into a greased 10-inch springform pan.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until evenly puffed and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Cover and chill for 4 hours. Remove side of pan.
- Place 12 ounces of chocolate chips in a bowl.
- Heat 1 c cream to boiling.
- Pour cream onto chocolate and stir until chocolate is melted.
- Let cool a bit then pour over torte allowing some to run down the sides.