This is a chocolate fantasy come true! If you want a rich dessert for a dinner party, this is the one for you. It's rich and chocolately and soooooo good. From Better Homes and Gardens Chocolate Ultimate Desserts cookbook. Slice thinly, a little goes a long way...
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large saucepan, combine chocolate, butter, sugar and cream. Cook and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- In large bowl lightly beat eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in half of chocolate mixture at a time.
- Pour into a greased 10-inch springform pan.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until evenly puffed and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Cover and chill for 4 hours. Remove side of pan.
- Place 12 ounces of chocolate chips in a bowl.
- Heat 1 c cream to boiling.
- Pour cream onto chocolate and stir until chocolate is melted.
- Let cool a bit then pour over torte allowing some to run down the sides.
Wow wow wow! Talk about decadent! This cake is soooo chocolaty and rich. The texture is fantastic - almost like a custard. I had to bake it about 15 minutes longer than normal and even then it was sticking to the toothpick a pit. I also couldn't wait for it to cool all the way so ate it warm about an hour after taking it out. Because of that, instead of pouring the glaze on the cooled cake and poured individually on servings. Will make this again!
Rich and delicious cake! It was almost like a chocolate mousse with a nice crust on top. Very enjoyable. Thanks for sharing! Veg*n Swap 25