Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
from a magazine
- 125 g butter
- 200 g baking chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 80 g butter
- 2⁄3 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 200 g flaked almonds
- 1⁄4 cup glace apricot, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup glace cherries, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 100 g dark chocolate melts (for decoration)
- Line the base of a 20x30cm pan with baking paper, extending over the sides.
- Place butter and chocolate into a medium saucepan.
- Stir constantly over low heat for 4-5 minutes or until melted and smooth.
- Remove from the heat and stir in sugar, eggs and flour.
- Spread evenly over prepared pan.
- Place in the freezer to chill for 10 minutes whilst preparing topping.
- Preheat oven to 175C degrees.
- ----------Topping--------------- á.
- Place butter, sugar, honey and cream into a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly for 6-8 minutes or until mixture is a light caramel colour.
- Remove from heat.
- Working quickly, stir in almonds, apricots, cherries and flour.
- Whilst mixture is warm, spread quickly over the chilled base.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool completely in pan.
- Drizzle with the melted chocolate, allow to set before slicing.
got the same magazine :) top slice!