1/1 Photo of Chocolate Flax Seed Porridge
Do you want a cereal that is loaded with nutrition, extremely low in carbs, and positively delicious? This is it! I adapted the recipe from a low carb site, so it's perfect for people who are concerned with good health, on diets or for diabetics.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grind the flax seeds, 1/4 cup at a time, in a coffee grinder until very fine.
- 2In a small, preferably non-stick, saucepan, place the ground flax and all other ingredients, except the nuts and fruit.
- 3Simmer on low heat until hot and bubbling, stirring frequently. Add more water until it's the consistency that's most pleasing to you; I like it on the thin side.
- 4Spoon into small bowls; top with nuts and fruit.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Flax Seed Porridge
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.0
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 95.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.6 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: