Recipe by Geema
Do you want a cereal that is loaded with nutrition, extremely low in carbs, and positively delicious? This is it! I adapted the recipe from a low carb site, so it's perfect for people who are concerned with good health, on diets or for diabetics.
Top Review by Reyali
I got this all mixed up in the pan to discover that my stove was broken. I managed by putting in steaming hot water instead of cooking it, and it still turned out pretty good. I used sugar instead of stevia and needed a fair bit to get it to be sweet enough for my tastes, but still this is pretty good. (Especially considering my lack -of-stove!)
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed
- 2 -3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder (heaping)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon stevia (you can use the sweetener of your choice to taste)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- fruit, of your choice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind the flax seeds, 1/4 cup at a time, in a coffee grinder until very fine.
- In a small, preferably non-stick, saucepan, place the ground flax and all other ingredients, except the nuts and fruit.
- Simmer on low heat until hot and bubbling, stirring frequently. Add more water until it's the consistency that's most pleasing to you; I like it on the thin side.
- Spoon into small bowls; top with nuts and fruit.