1/34 Photos of Chocolate Flan Cake
2 hrs 25 mins
Miss Annie's Note:
This recipe calls for Mexican cajeta (caramel topping). If you cannot find this in your supermarket, substitute Smucker's Caramel topping, however the Mexican cajeta has a richer flavor. This is very easy to make, and super good. Use it with your next Mexican Fiesta!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box chocolate devil's food cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups water (amount per cake mix directions)
- 1/2 cup oil (amount per cake mix directions)
- 3 eggs (amount per cake mix directions)
- 1 (11 ounce) jar cajeta caramel topping or 1 (11 ounce) jar smucker caramel topping
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup fresh milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 eggs
- 1Heat oven to 350ºF.
- 2Spray a large 12-cup Bundt pan with nonstick coating.
- 3Soften the cajeta in the jar in the microwave and pour into the prepared pan.
- 4Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- 5Pour the cake batter into the cake pan over the cajeta.
- 6To make the flan: Pour condensed, evaporated and fresh milks into a blender with the cream cheese, vanilla and eggs.
- 7Mix well.
- 8Pour the flan mixture very slowly over the cake batter.
- 9Spray aluminum foil with non-stick spray (like Pam);.
- 10cover the pan TIGHTLY with aluminum foil.
- 11(Covering tightly is very important.) Set the Bundt pan into a large pan and set on the oven rack and slide into the oven.
- 12Carefully pour hot water into the larger pan to a depth of 2 inches (The Bundt pan will be sitting in 2 inches of water).
- 13Bake cake for 2 hours (test); do not uncover during this time.
- 14After two hours, remove cake from water and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Peel off the aluminum foil.
- 15Invert cake onto a large plate with rim.
- 16The cajeta will drip down the sides of the cake.
- 17Cool completely then refrigerate. Refrigerate leftovers.
- 18Note: Even though the flan is poured on top of the cake batter, it will sink to the bottom of the pan.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Flan Cake
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 592.2
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 165.9 mg
- Sodium 628.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 35.0 g
- Protein 13.0 g