Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yup, it's another chocolate chip cookie recipe! This chewie cookie gets some extra crunch from frosted corn flakes. Instead of the chocolate chips, you can use chopped nuts, raisins or coconut, or any combination that you like, equaling at least the 1 cup total. Cooking time is per cookie sheet.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups frosted flakes (whole flakes, not crushed)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 175 C (350 F).
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla, stir to combine.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to the butter mixture and stir to combine.
- Add oatmeal, frosted flakes and chocolate chips and mix (dough will be stiff).
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place on the lined cookie sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes until golden.
These are incredibly good cookies that store really well. They have a great chewy texture. thanks for posting!!