1/1 Photo of Chocolate Filled Walnut-Oatmeal Bars
this is a great bar that will fill almost any need. Christmas cookie trays, showers, pot-luck's and family munching.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered instant coffee
- 3 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts, divided
- 1Heat oven to 350°F Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl until well blended.
- 2Add eggs, vanilla and instant coffee and beat until fluffy.
- 3Stir together oats, flour, baking soda, salt and 1 cup walnuts; gradually stir into butter mixture with spoon (Dough will be thick).
- 4Set aside 2 cups dough.
- 5Press remaining dough evenly onto bottom of ungreased 15-1/2x10-1/2x1-inch jelly-roll pan.
- 6Prepare CHOCOLATE FILLING; spread evenly over dough.
- 7Crumble reserved dough evenly over filling. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup walnuts. Bake 25 minutes or until top is golden brown (chocolate will be soft).
- 8Cool completely in pan on wire rack; cut into bars.
- 9About 4 dozen bars.
- 10CHOCOLATE FILLING: Melt butter in medium saucepan over low heat. Stir in cocoa and sugar. Add sweetened condensed milk; cook, stirring constantly, until smooth and thick. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Filled Walnut-Oatmeal Bars
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.5
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 26.8 mg
- Sodium 108.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 3.2 g