Prep 0 mins
Cook 12 mins
A holiday favorite in our family. Pop them in the microwave for 10 seconds and get a pleasant surprise! Make sure you get one, they go fast!!
- 226.79 g butter, softened
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml pecans, finely chopped or ground
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 473.18 ml flour, sifted
- 283.49 g packagechocolate Hershey chocolate kisses (about 60 kisses)
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Beat butter, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add sifted flour and pecans; blend well.
- Chill dough while unwrapping kisses.
- Shape dough around each kiss to form a ball; about 1 teaspoon. Make sure the kiss is completely covered.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. They dont spread, but make sure there is space between them.
- Bake at 375°F four about 12 minutes until set but not brown.
- Cool slightly on cookie sheet then transfer to a rack to cool completely. Be careful, they are very delicate when they first come out.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar to complete the "snowball" effect.
- Store in an airtight container.
These are excellent! I was surprised that the kisses on the inside were still soft, even after the cookies had cooled; I'll be interested to see if they are still soft tomorrow! I unwrapped the kisses while watching TV, before starting on the dough, but checked to see how long it took me (about 20-25 min) so I would know about how long to chill the dough later. I used the dark chocolate kisses but I know someone who has made similar cookies and used some of the other various flavored kisses. After the dough had chilled, I started portioning out the dough into balls, which was good because I only got about 35 first go-round! I went back and made them smaller until I had 60 small balls. Because I had handled the dough so much, I put the balls back into the bowl (gingerly, so they wouldn't stick together) and into the fridge to chill a little. These are a bit piddly, having to wrap each kiss, but definitely worth the work :) Thanks so much for sharing!