Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is from a Pillsbury holiday baking cookbook. I have made Russian tea cakes before but not with chocolate in the middle! YUM! I can't wait to try these.
- Heat oven to 400.
- In large bowl, beat butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and the vanilla until well blended.
- On low speed, beat in flour, salt and pecans.
- For each cookie, shape a scant Tbsp of dough around 1 chocolate star to make a 1-inch ball.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until set and bottoms start to turn golden brown.
- SUGAR COATING:.
- Combine powdered sugar and red and green sugar.
- Mix well.
- Immediately remove baked cookies from cookies sheets and roll in sugar coating.
- Cool completely on cooling racks, about 30 minutes.
- Roll in sugar coating again.