Recipe by carolinafan
Delicious for breakfast or a late night snack. Allow for time for dinner rolls to thaw and rise. From Taste of Home magazine.
- 18 frozen white dinner rolls, thawed according to package directions
- 1 1⁄2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch sundae sauce (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate syrup (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each roll in half.
- Press each half into 3-in. circle.
- Place 10 morsels in center of dough circle, shaping dough into a ball around morsels. Pinch dough to seal. Repeat with remaining dough and morsels. Dip each in melted butter and roll in sugar. Arrange dough balls in a greased fluted tube pan, seam sides up.
- Cover, let rise in warm place for 40 minutes or until doubled in size. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack for 20 minutes. Loosen sides and invert onto serving platter.
- Drizzle with butterscotch sauce and chocolate syrup if desired.
- Serve warm.