8 hrs 56 mins
8 hrs 30 mins
One of my favorite cookies are Forgotten Cookies....the meringue ones!! YUMMY!! This is similar and can't wait to try them. Cooking time does seem long but if you put these in the oven before bed, they are ready when you wake up!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 2Beat egg whites and cream of tartar at high speed with a mixer until foamy.
- 3Gradually add the 1/2 cup of sugar, 1 Tbs at a time, until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved - about 2-4 minute.
- 4Stir in 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and chopped pecans.
- 5Drop by teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets lined with aluminum foil.
- 6Dip a finger in the Tbs of powdered sugar and make an indentation in the center of each cookie.
- 7Place in the oven and immediately turn the oven OFF. Don't open the door for at least 8 hours.
- 8Remove from oven, and carefully peel cookies from foil.
- 9Combine butter, cocoa, and half and half in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- 10Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- 11Add the 2 1/4 cups powdered sugar and beat well with an electric mixer.
- 12Stir in remaining 1/2 tsp vanilla.
- 13Just before serving, pipe cocoa mixture into the indentation of each cookie with a star tip - if you have one.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Filled Meringue Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (717 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 785.5
- Calories from Fat 395
- Total Fat 43.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 65.1 mg
- Sodium 236.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 94.2 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: