Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Martha Stewart Living. I haven't tried these yet, but they look sooo good that I will soon. By the way, this is a one bowl dessert, an added bonus.
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 6 egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 vanilla beans, halved lengthwise, seeds scraped and reserved, beans discarded
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, cut into twelve 2 inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a standard 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners; set aside. Put butter and sugar into bowl of electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium speed til pale and fluffy, about 3 minute Add egg whites, milk, vanilla extract and seeds; mix until combined, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Add flour, baking powder, and salt; mix just til combined.
- Divide batter among muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 of the way full. Insert a piece of chocolate into center of each, pressing about halfway into batter to cover. Bake til pale golden brown, about 24 minutes. Transfer tin to wire rack; let cool slightly. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.