Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
light and delicious
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 2 cups flour
for the filling
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- In the bowl of electric mixer,beat together the butter, sugar and salt, then add the rum, beat until you obtain a fluffy mixture.
- Stir in the sifted flour and mix to obtain a smooth texture.
- Cover and chill for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat the over to 350°F.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls, which you place 1-inch apart on ungreased baking sheets, and bake 10-12 minutes(firm but not brown), then transfer to a wire rack and cool.
- Prepare the filling:.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together and stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Spread a small amount of the chocolate on the bottom of a cookie,and cover with another cookie like a sandwich and press gently. Repeat with remaining cookies. Cool until filling is set.
- Store for up to 1 week.